Practice Yoga For Improved Metabolism
Staying in shape and maintaining your body becomes difficult when you have a metabolism that is not so fast. Yoga is one of the most effective and healthy ways to boost your metabolism. Along with benefitting your metabolism, yoga also has many other mental and physical benefits. This is a very fun way to take care of yourself. Here are five yoga asanas that help boost your metabolism:
- Trikonasana (Triangle Pose): Begin this pose by standing with your legs wide, far apart and inhaling. Exhale while you bend, and your left-hand touches your left leg’s toes. Lift your right hand straight and turn your face towards it. Make sure you keep your spine straight, hold this pose for a few seconds, then repeat with the other leg. This stimulates your entire body and improves digestive function. It boosts metabolism and helps lose fat.
- Parivrtta Utkatasana (Twisted Chair Pose): Stand straight with your feet together and raise your hands above your head with an exhale. Bend your knees and lower your hips with an exhale, thighs perpendicular to the floor; this should look like you are about to sit on a chair. Lower your arms and join your hands at your chest. Twist your torso towards the right; your left elbow should be outside your right thigh. This boosts metabolism by focusing on your core muscles and increasing the blood circulation in that area.
- Ustrasana (Camel Pose): For this pose, kneel on the mat with your knees parallel to each other. Slowly bend your back and open up your chest upwards while your hands reach back to grab your ankles. Face skywards and hold this position for a while. This is great at enhancing metabolic function as it focuses on the hip area and really opens it up. Get best health tips at health falls. This improves digestive function, in turn boosting metabolism.
- Pawanmuktasana (Wind Relieving Pose): Lie down on your back with your legs and arms straight. With an inhale, slowly bring your knees up to your chest without lifting your back and hold them there with clasped hands. Hold this position for a few seconds while you breathe. As the name suggests, this asana puts pressure on and stimulates your digestive system, releasing any trapped gas. It relieves constipation and also helps your body absorb nutrients better.
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose): Begin this asana by lying down on your stomach. Slowly, lift your lower body by folding your knees and bringing your ankles towards your hips. Inhale while you lift your upper body, and your hands go back to grab your ankles. Stretch your body as much as possible to form a bow shape. This stimulates the abdominal muscles and strengthens them, enhancing their function and boosting metabolism.
Read about Yoga Asanas
Fire up your metabolism with the help of Cult Live’s yoga sessions pack. This pack consists of 40 classes, beginning with beginner level asanas and building up to advanced ones. These sessions are guided by trained professionals in detail-oriented manners to ensure you get it right. Start your 14 days free trial now and continue with the pack to learn all the steps to your journey. There are no downsides to the deal, so get started already!