Human bodies are made of 60% of water, among which the heart and brain are made of 73% water and lungs are made of 83% water. Even after most of our body parts being made of water, our bodies still crave water in abundance. Staying hydrated doesn’t just help our bodies to run efficiently, but also becomes a cure for preventing some diseases. Drinking hot or cold water keeps a person healthy. Specifically, many pieces of research have claimed that drinking hot water is said to relieve congestion, improve digestion and promote relaxation, much more than drinking cold water. Though during the summertime, after having a tiring day shopping for some rakhi online for boys, we end up quenching our thirst with cold water. Also, whenever someone comes to visit us or a gift delivery person comes to deliver our courier package, we even tend to offer them chilled water. Obviously, because drinking hot water during the hot summery days is something quite unexpected to assume that people will drink up hot water. But still, doctors all around the world have suggested drinking 11 to 16 cups of hot water daily to make some necessary lifestyle changes. So, without much ado, let’s discuss some benefits of drinking hot warm that might just benefit your health.
- Relieves Nasal Congestion – Hot water releases steam. And holding a cup of hot water close to your nose and taking deep breaths may help you to unclog the nasal passages. It also helps in coping with sinus headaches. Taking the steam of the hot water while drinking it can even soothe the sore throat caused by mucus buildup. Also, hot water is said to be a quick remedy for runny nose, coughing, sore throat, and fatigue.
- Aids Digestion – To keep your digestive system up and running drinking hot water is very important. The body becomes more able to eliminate waste as the hot water goes through the stomach and intestines. Hot water is said to activate the digestive system for all good reasons.
- Improves the functioning of the central nervous system – Not getting a sufficient amount of hot water can mess up the working/functioning of your nervous system. It affects your mood and brain function and can increase your efficiency while performing some attention – specific tasks. It is even suggested that before performing some high attention/concentration-based tasks one needs to drink plenty of water to boost brain activity during demanding activities and also to reduce the self-reported anxiety.
- Reduces the shivering – Often during winters, we shiver in response to our bodies’ response to the low temperatures. To reduce the shivering and to help our bodies to adapt well, drinking hot water and some other hot fluids are advised. It is said drinking hot water quickly helped many people put less work into maintaining their body temperature.
- Improves circulation – From helping one to cope with blood pressure issues to some risky cardiovascular diseases, healthy blood flow is quite much needed. Taking a hot water bath and drinking some too can improve the functioning of our circulatory organs. It helps them to expand and carry blood more effectively throughout your body. What’s more? Drinking some hot water before going to bed can help one relax and prepare one for restful sleep.
Now, that you are convinced enough. Go and get yourself a cup or two of lukewarm water and drink it up. Take care of yourself and your body, for it is sure to take care of you and your health in return. We all know how hot water doesn’t appeal to us, but still for the number of benefits it offers, choose warm water over cold/room-temperature water.